Something I think a lot about is sharing the gospel with others. Not that I’m great at it; this ministry God has called us to has really stretched me. To be honest, sometimes I feel pushed to be someone I’m not (more vocal, bolder). I love being behind the scenes (and behind the computer screen, actually, which is why I love to write). I’ve always been better at expressing myself in words on paper rather than the words that come out of my mouth.
But, this is what God has called us to do…to be His witnesses. So, every day for me is a learning curve and a deeper trust that God will empower me and do through me what He has called me to do.
I’m curious about you.
How do you share the gospel? Do you find it easy? Are you comfortable handling scripture that explains God’s plan for mankind? Is it difficult for you to bring up spiritual topics in casual conversations?
I would really love to know what you’ve learned that’s helped you be a more vocal witness, as well as what are the challenges you would like to overcome? What do you feel you need to be a witness for Christ? Where do you lack confidence?
The answers to these questions will help me as I continue to grow and learn, and also as we develop resources through our ministry to equip believers to be disciple-makers.
Below are five questions that I would love to have you answer! You can respond in the comments or send me an email. If I get enough responses, I’ll share a summary of them (anonymously) in a future blog, so we can all learn from each other.
Thanks in advance for your insights!! I look forward to reading them.
- What is your greatest obstacle to sharing the gospel?
- Do you find it easy to bring up spiritual topics, especially Jesus? What is your secret? What are barriers for you?
- How do you share the “nuts and bolts” of the gospel message? Do you use a particular method (i.e. Romans Road, Wordless Book, Salvation Bracelet, etc.)?
- What would you like to learn or what do you feel would better equip you to share the gospel? What training or teaching have you experienced that has given you confidence to share?
- Have you ever lead someone to Christ? (no judgment here … we are all learning and growing!)